Monday, December 21, 2009

Winter Solstice


Tonight Phil and I were driving home. It was already dark, darkness comes so soon now. I was thinking about the Winter Solstice.

"Phil, today is the Winter Solstice. Tomorrow the days will begin to get longer."


"Oh, no," he moaned. "I just got the stinkin' lawn swings put away." Then he paused and under his breath he said, "The rusty buckets."


So, there you have it. So many reasons to celebrate the sun, screeching to a stop on it's journey south and deciding to come back. It means spring is on it's way. It means more daylight. It means warmth. And, obviously it means the lawn swings have a new title: rusty buckets. Stinkin' rusty buckets.

7 comments:

Julie Harward said...

Very funny! But I'll bet it will feel like forever til Spring does get here! Have a good week and a very MERRY CHRISTMAS! Come say hi :D

Lorraine said...

LOL that is so funny, I adore the photo,I hope you and Phil and allyour loved ones have a wonderful Christmas x

whirligigdaisy said...

Well, I guess that IS one way to look at it. . .

Colette Amelia said...

That is a stupendous photo!

That Phil he says the funniest things...did you laugh?

Well maybe a coat of rust paint will help those poor swings.

Unknown said...

Did you guys celebrate the solstice in an appropriate manner? Did you dance?

Mrs. S said...

Winter Solstice is my FAVORITE!!!
I danced and made magick, which is not the same as, well, you know.

I burned up my old stuff to get rid of and brought in new goals.

Yea for seasons.

tierneyzan said...

Well, I have enjoyed some time sitting on your lawn in those buckets. And thank goodness the days will get longer again!