Saturday, January 10, 2015

A NEW YEAR'S WISH FOR YOU

What are you so interested in/longing for, like this little boy? Is it your family? Wealth? Your lost  youth? Your skinniness? (Oh how I wish I were as thin, as when I was a teenager, and though I was fat.) What do you long for, wish for, hope and pray for? 

I hope you can find peace and fulfillment for whatever it is. 

One of the things I long for--almost every day--is my mom. To have that wish fulfilled I'd have to die. I'm putting that wish on hold for a while. 

Can you achieve your longings-for-wish by something you can do? 

So do it. 

I will too. 

My New Year's resolutions this year are: Live so I have no regrets and learn to really listen to the still small voice (the whisperings of the Holy Ghost.)

PS This little boy (our Grandson, William) was watching for his dad, who was packing the car to go home--they had been here for 4 days over the Christmas holiday. William would not leave his post. (He even had a water bottle in case the wait was long.) I don't know if he thought his dad would disappear if he left the door or not, but he was faithful to the end. 

Then they loaded everyone in the car--Mom, Dad, William, Emmett and two dogs--and left. 

I cried. 


2 comments:

Annette said...

Hi Lynne! Beautiful thoughts. I hope you keep blogging, as I have missed you.

Unknown said...

Hi, Lynne. I hope you had a great Christmas and are having a spectacular New Year. It was nice to see a blog entry after all these months.