Monday, September 3, 2007

SOMEBODY HAS REMOVED THE STARS

We walked around the neighborhood tonight and the stars are gone. There are a few, we can find the big dipper and some of the planets but the milky way has disappeared. How can children realize the greatness of God's creations if the night sky is practically naked? How can they realize how insignificant they are if there are only a few stars up there.

Wait; maybe that isn’t a good thing. We want the children to know they are wonderful and valuable. But, Moses, after viewing things, said he had never realized that man was nothing and I guess if I understood the scriptures better I would understand that statement. I do know that without the love of the Savior and my Heavenly Father that I would be devastated. Maybe that qualifies as nothingness.

In the meantime--in my nothingness, I miss the stars.

No comments: