Thursday, April 15, 2010

WORDS TO THE YOUTH AND THE REST OF US (WHEN OUR "STOOPID" GENE TAKES OVER)

Sunday was testimony meeting in our ward. One of my most favorite people bore her testimony and said "...years and years ago President. N. Eldon Tanner told the kids, (and I don't know exactly what he said, ) but in essence it was, 'Now go out and have a good time,... but make sure that it will still be good when you look back on it in five years, ten years, twenty years...'"

Good advice, no? When I remember some of the things I did and the repenting I've had to do to be able to live with myself I wonder why I didn't know this years ago.

Thanks, Maisel!

2 comments:

Annette said...

Maisel is one of my favorite people, too. And I don't think she would ever drive around with a dirty diaper tucked in her car -- much too classy for that.

Shan said...

Only too bad for me that I'm naughty enough that even if I had had this advice, I prolly would have done it anyway. I'm that kind of kid. Plus, also, good job for blogging even though I haven't taken the same advice yet. I'm too boring lately.