Saturday, April 24, 2010

YOGURT, A BLACK AND WHITE CAT, COOKIES AND RUN ON SENTENCES

I have added photo's to my yogurt recipe, here. It is delicious and cheap to make. All you need is a gallon of whole milk, two cups of sugar, some commercial yogurt--to use as a starter--and vanilla. Mmm. Wonderful with fresh strawberries.
And look at this darling kitty. He belongs to someone in my neighborhood. I think this window was built especially for a kitty to check on things in the kitchen. And this is what happens when you are making cookies and you have the directions for the regular size batch and the doubled size, and you are distracted and you add the salt from the doubled size, and so you double everything else EXCEPT you forget to double the flour and so the cookies spread all over the cookie sheet, they are brittle, and won't come off without breaking and so what you get are a few crunchy cookies and a lot of cookie crumbs. Ack!And so then you add more flour but you must have only needed ONE cup instead of TWO because this time the cookies don't spread AT ALL, and so you have to bake then four minutes less than the recipe says, and then they are so underdone that they sink down a bit into the cooling rack and won't come off. One cookie sheet full should fill this cookie cooling rack. I was going to take cookies to a friend who has had surgery but I can't take these pathetic things. ~sigh~ Recipe is here and it really is an excellent recipe--when it's made right.

10 comments:

Julie Harward said...

The yogurt looks great and the cute kitty little butt fits very nicely there, they should make it a little door for him. The cookies...HUM...looks like my first attempt at making cookies, so funny! It's weird how our brains skip a beat and it turns out all wrong! Have a good weekend and come say hi :D

Karen Deborah said...

Your yogurt has the perfect consistency, the cat picture is very cool, the window ledge is neat! I'd eat those cookies. I like the flat kind they are called Florentines and they are delicious. Bake em on parchment paper. The goey kind taste good too, well shoot fire after 2 batches gone awry I would just eat the dough and fuggetaboutit!

tearese said...

I love the kitty window. I always think things like that. The cookies look like something I would make.

zelzee said...

You have made me so hungry even the "mistake" cookies look good to me!

Betsy Brock said...

I'd sprinkle your cookie crumbs over a bowl of that yogurt! :)

whirligigdaisy said...

and that, my friend, is exactly why I don't bake.

HegstromPrattFamily said...

I told a friend about your blog today, because I love it. It has a great balance of funny stories, disappointing moments, fun things to try, inspiration, etc.

Unknown said...

If everything in life went perfectly then we would have nothing to talk about.

Bonnie said...

Your yogurt looks so good. I will have to try making it. I loved the picture of the kitty in the window. I have had so many cooking failures, it is comforting to know that even an expert cook like you can have problems when doubling recipes.

I sent you an email. Let me know how you do on the Color Test. It is supposed to exercise the brain to help prevent Alzheimer's

Hillary said...

Remember the "frisbie" cookies of long ago? We have baking issues.

You should have Shan make you cookies, she bakes them in a mini cupcake pan and then smushes a mini reeses cup in the middle. Plus, then she brings you some.