Thursday, December 2, 2010

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

This came to me today via email:

"No matter how old a mother is, she watches her middle-aged children for signs of improvement."-- Florida Scott-Maxwell

Isn't this the truth? I have five children and I'm watching--and guess what? Many times I am not disappointed and even more, they are doing things that I can't seem to do, and they are doing them well. They are improving in ways that astonish me. Their capacity for love, forgiveness and service, not to mention repentance--which we all need to do--makes me glad they belong to me. Forever.

As for me? I'm sure Mother is watching from beyond the veil, waiting for signs that I will grow up, get rid of some bad habit, loose weight PERMANENTLY, and just be a better person. She never in her whole life understood my night owl tendencies, and I don't either. But, here I am, still staying up too late, packing extra pounds, being a bit snarky--poor Phil, he is the recipient of my snarky tendencies--, and living with clutter. Oh my. Isn't it time to grow up?

PS If you too want to sign up to get a daily email with a quote, plus a bit of trivia, and a link to an article, blog or website and an ebook,
click here.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll bet your mom is really, really proud of you.

Laura~peach~ said...

HUMMMMMM guess i will wait for MIDDLE age to hit my kids... GOOD LORD I have a long wait ahead of me... GOD PLEASE HELP!
I still woudl love to be one of your kids... can I please I have adoption papers I can just change the names... RIGHT?

Laura~peach~ said...

ps I promise to do my best to make you proud!

Karen Deborah said...

you poor little snark you!