Saturday, March 7, 2009

The EINSTEIN CLUB--SPEAK UP, WILL YOU?--IRONING THE SKIRT FOR CHURCH

My hearing is good. It's just when people speak and I am thinking of other things--important thing--fascinating things--it takes my brain a second to come back to earth. As seen in the following examples:

"Thanks for lunch, Mom," Gilmore Girl said on Friday.

"What'd you say about relish?" I asked.

Everyone looked at me like I'd lost my mind. Maybe the pizza soup needed relish, what do they know?
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Her Excellency of Mousehole said something tonight about "Dante's Inferno."


"Donkey's in flannel?" I asked.

Actually, my version would be a comedy.

The world needs more laughter.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
So last week I was preoccupied with getting my lesson for Relief Society when I was ironing my skirt for church. I sprayed on the spray starch and it looked and smelled funny. I looked at the aerosol can. Wow, it has a different top but I ironed anyway.

All done and then I took a good look. Not spray starch. Woolite Self Cleaning Rug Cleaner.

So I vacuumed my skirt and it was fine. Ironed and clean.

Okay, so the top is a LOT different. I had other things on my mind.


Einstein understands, I'm sure of it.

7 comments:

Hillary said...

YOu have so many followers they can't even be contained. No fair.

I am just impressed you iron at all. That is something my Mother never taught me to do. Ha, ha 'Impressed', get it?

Pam's Place said...

I know where Hillary gets her sense of humor...

(Hillary, I love your guts too, and I don't even really know you)

Lynne, you are too too funny!

Anonymous said...

Sound svery much like me I can be doing one thing and my mind is busy working on another and do or say similar things

Laura ~Peach~ said...

OHHHHH MYYYYY your conversations sound a LOT like some we have here... But since I refuse to Iron we dont have to worry about me carpet cleaning my clothing! What a great LAUGH thank you... I do NOT feel so alone since you have been sharing your humanisms!

Astromom said...

What do I do when I can't sleep at 4 a.m.? I read Lynne's blog, a wonderful thing to do to lift my spirits and make me smile.

Shawn said...

Heh, heh, heh, heh,---so funny!

Good thing that it wasn't WD 40---then it wouldn't have been SQUEAKY clean!

Unknown said...

Oh, you are really tickling my funny-bone tonight! Did you wear your funny smeling skirt??