Friday, April 3, 2009

NORMAL HAS BEEN PUT ON HOLD

This stomach flu has it's own ideas and some of them are:

1. Lynne and Phil must not run their errands, Lynne must have stomach pains instead and have to go home.

2. Lynne must not fix dinner for her visiting teaching companion who has had a baby that Lynne is dying to see because Lynne might pass on the throwing-up germ. Dinner will have to wait until next week.

3. Lynne must not go see her grandchildren and daughter-in-law dance in a Celtic performance because that would just be too much fun. She must stay home and hold her stomach. And moan.

4. Lynne must also choose "Seven Pounds" to rent from Red Box because she needs to have a good cry. Actually, the stomach flu had no role in this except that we were going to watch the dancers and rented a movie instead BECAUSE THE STOMACH FLU DOES NOT GO AWAY.

The end.

Except to say that Phil shared some of his ideas about Movies:

1. Will Smith only chooses to act in movies where he is the star.

2. "I'll bet Will Smith produced this movie." When the credits were run we saw he was right.

3. They ought to make half hour movies.

4. "You rent stupid Movies, Lynne. I went through your Netflix list and deleted a bunch." I think they were a bunch of my foreign films. I don't care because I added three more today.

5. "They need to make more comedies--CLEAN ONES." I agree with that.

The end.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Will Smith only acts in movies where he gets to take his shirt off at some point.

Venise said...

Glad you are feeling better.

Shan said...

I think you're tummy's been too sick for too long. At the risk of sounding like Mrs. Bird, last January I had pukey, poopy stomach problems for many many days. It calmed down but I still had potty problems for 4 months. (I never taped my bum, however.) When I finally went to the doctor, I learned that I actually had giardia. I can't prove exactly where I got it, but since I teach school, I choose to blame the children. I even got whooping cough from one of them one time. In short, don't be sick. It's no fun.

Unknown said...

well, well. Maybe you should change your Netflix password! So sorry you are still feeling iggy. These punys are hanging on with a vengeance! But yeah, gotta say, Will Smith, thumbs down.

Cindy Price said...

Oh, Lynne, I'm so sorry you are still sick!! That just stinks!! If it goes on too long don't forget to go see the doctor.

At least this weekend, you can just stay home, relax and enjoy, General Conference!!

Jessica said...

Lynne,
That is terrible news. I have many comments. As for the someone's comment, some of us don't mind when Will Smith takes his shirt off. It makes us feel better when we have yucky tummies. Plus also, drink red raspberry leaf tea. Lots of it. And probably nothing else unless you have a good juicer and can juice apples. Works like a charm, I tell you. Unless you have some disease you got from Shan's students. Then it won't help.

The Peterson Family said...

OK, so I just saw this movie 2 night ago- on the advice of a friend who thought we (Cameron and I) would like it. Ummmm, I don't know whether I liked it or not, but it was super intense and way depressing and I'm SO glad that Cameron decided not to watch it with me. I don't think that would have gone over so well...
But I really hope that you start feeling better - it seems like you've been sick for far too long. Good thing you can't get germs from blogs - I'd be in big trouble! And let me tell you, being sick really sucks, but being sick in Hawaii seems doubly worse - it's really unfair to be stuck inside when it's beautiful outside.

Annette said...

I'm so sorry!!!

Pam's Place said...

That's one (or many) nasty bug that has you. I'm so sorry you're still feeling yukky. Get better so we can go to J-Dawg, will ya?

Hillary said...

Thanks for the heads us about that Seven Pounds movie. I have been suspicious about it because he was on Oprah and they didn't tell what it was about and didn't show a clip.

I do not mind seeing Will Smith with his shirt off either. In fact that is how I like him best. Except for maybe in The Fresh Prince of Bel Air re-runs. He's pretty funny and they do stuff like run into glass doors for a laugh. That's my favoirte.

I hope you are feeling better. I'm glad you were well enough for Heaps while the fellas were at Priesthood Conference. Did you relaps?

I may blog today, you never know?