Tuesday, January 1, 2008

EVERYONE'S IN BED

Everyone is in bed, even the neighbors, I think.

I finally learned how to download pictures from my camera. Bentley showed me. My camera needs some updating as it seems to be weird, three flashes, is that normal? By the time the camera actually takes the picture the subject is gone. I got ghost pictures of the dogs . I shouldn't have deleted them. There may have been a message from beyond the grave--imagine scary music playing in the background.

I have two photographer's sites I check every day and several others I check in on occasionally. I am so used to looking at their excellent work that I have forgotten how difficult it is to take a really good photo. Thanks Michael and Justin. You give me something to shoot for.

The house is quiet. The thoughts, rumbling around inside my head are not. How do you quiet those? They are like ears. You can shut your eyes, but you can't shut your ears. You can not talk but the brain-talk does not shut off. I think I need to learn to meditate.

"Oooommm." It's not working. "Oooommmm"

Maybe I should shut the computer off first. I'll try that.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The brain is like ears. I like that.
I read before sleep. That helps to calm my thoughts.

ALF said...

Ha ha - this made me giggle!

I got a new camera for Christmas but it's not here yet. I can't wait!

Suzanne said...

Yes, I also sometimes wish for a mute button to quiet the little voices.

I think the three-flash thing is a technique to reduce the dreaded red eye effect. But for my kids, at least, it just means that their eyes are closed for every single picture.

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind comment!

Astromom said...

I look forward to seeing your photos.