Sunday, June 14, 2009

SO, HOW DO I DO IT ALL?

Saturday I was in Salt Lake (not the actual lake, you know) with my daughter, Gilmore Girl, and I saw this neat-o set of steps. Immediately I had almost a complete story pop into my head. How do I finish the manuscript I'm working on, go back to the two that are half finished and write this new one?

And dust.

And cook.

And read blogs.

And do laundry.

And do my church job.

And, and, and....

PS Gilmore girl, send me the photo of the neat-o stairs and the photo of my my Christmas presents so I can share their furry beauty with the world.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

You seem to have mastered the art of multitasking Lynne !!!

Hillary said...

Silly Mama, you don't dust.

That day WAS fun, wasn't it?

Pam's Place said...

Yes, Gilmore Girl, please send photos.

Unknown said...

Skip the dusting, send Phil into the kitchen, and to the laundry room so that you can concentrate on the important things in life.

Astromom said...

Start another story, your writing and you just have to go with the flow with writing and sometimes cycle around back to your writings, but starting new ones, you know I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

Shan said...

My vote is this: I think you should do all the have tos like showering, eating, church, clipping your toenails, etc. (notice dusting was NOT on this list) then do what makes you happy and what you love best. Like eating, blogging, loving grandbabies, writing stories. So what if you haven't finished the other two manuscripts...this one is speaking to you now and inspiration comes when it comes. There are millions of stories waiting to be written by you and nobody says you have to finish one before you start the next. I could be smoking dope about this, but I don't think so.

Annette said...

You do it all because you are so amazing and clever! Now what are neat-o steps?

Karen Deborah said...

I dusted today because I was soooooo bored. What steps? what do they look like and WHERE is the picture?

Unknown said...

Do not dust. Are you crazy? Cook minimally, if at all. You are an artiste! Artistes don't always have time to be homemakers. You can also read fewer blogs as long as you get the important ones (like mine).

xo