Sunday, July 26, 2009

I SANG ALTO TODAY AND I CAN'T SING ALTO

Today I sang alto, which amazed me because I don't know how. I've been a soprano all my life. But, today, for the first time in my life, I could sing alto.

My sister Patricia sang alto. Beautifully. I think she attended church with me today. It must have been her because I could find the alto notes and then, for the last song, they were gone. Naughty sister, didn't even stay around for the closing prayer.

When I get to Heaven I will ask to sing with her. I'll sing the soprano part and I'll bet I will be able to hit the high "E" again, effortlessly. I think we'll sound good together.

I miss her. I hope I can sing alto again.

8 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

What a tender tribute. And it gave me goose bumps, too.

Lorraine said...

so beautiful and full of hope and i am so sorry

Unknown said...

I hope you can sing with your sister again, too.

Shan said...

I can't sing at all and neither can my brother, but I'll be so happy to see him in heaven too. Maybe you guys can sing for us. That will be a treat. Is your sister as wonderful as you? That will make it an extra-great treat.

Annette said...

Your beautiful thoughts struck a chord with me today. I know your sister was with you.

Because I have zilch vocal gifts, I was just thinking yesterday in church (as I sat in front of Pam and heard her beautiful voice) that the biggest thing I'm looking forward to in a resurrected "perfect" body is a beautiful singing voice!

tearese said...

my voice is alto, but I can only sing it if I'm surrounded by altos. Good story.

Dr Hulda Clark said...

It may be possible that you can sing it again.

<

Michael Rawluk said...

In grade five, we all had to be in the choir and go to a festival.

The teacher quietly asked that I just mouth the words and not make a sound.