Wednesday, February 13, 2008

VALENTINE'S DAY CHOCOLATES

This is where I dashed today to pick up a little Valentine treat. "I'll be right back," I told Mr. I'll-Wait-In-The-Car.



And then I saw this line; actually it was longer than this when I got there. I called him. "I'll be at least 20 minutes. Do you have anywhere you can go?" Deseret Book is right there and Mr. Church-Bookworm loves browsing in Deseret book.


"Twenty minutes? TWENTY MINUTES?"

"It might be a half hour."

"Come back later, come tomorrow," Mr. Impatience said.

"Like tomorrow, which is VALENTINE'S DAY, is going to be less busy?"

There was grumbling on the line which meant, "Do what you want." So I waited in line and chatted with people about their particular candy choices.

If I wanted pre-packaged chocolates I could have gone to the quick check out. Five minutes tops. Look at all these beauties. And I just buy Bourdeaux. Although, if the box were for me there would be equal Bordeaux, brown sugar squares and molasses chips. This information is just in case anyone is taking note and making a list for my birthday. CoughJune7thcough.

And look at this cheerful face. It was worth the wait to be greeted by someone as cute as this. She gave me a free piece of candy and guess what? It was a Bourdeaux. The angels whispered in her ear, I'm sure of it.

6 comments:

C.C. said...

My sister sends a 5 lb. box of See's candy every year for Christmas. She's sends it to my parents' house but we all dip into it over the holidays. One year, their iron-stomached dog ate the whole box and lived to tell the tale!

Vicki said...

Hi Lynne-
Thanks for stopping by my blog! Just wanted to say that I agree with you that cell phones are a necessity...(I especially love it when other people have them :) )

Simplifying life is like housecleaning to me...I constantly have to find time to do it. Really not interested in Utopia as it would probably be boring.

I love the picture of the See's counter lady. She brings a smile to my face.

Thanks.

Vicki

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are a better person than I am, to stand in a candy store line the day before Valentine's Day. But that worker's smile was great, wasn't it?

Anonymous said...

Yummmmmm! What else do we have but chocolate this time of year?!!!
Sounds like you need it girl...hang in there with that weather...I HATE WINTER!!!
I even get to go to town today after being iced in for four days.
I do enjoy my sunroom...I need to take some pictures and post them.
Have a great Valentines Day!!
Pam 'Oh Da Woods

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Chocolate covered caramels are always good for me!!

Kathie said...

Lynne, why would you buy chocolate when you have those absolutely decadent and delicious caramels that you make? I'm convinced that they are one of life's true culinary delights. Forget the chocolate; give me a caramel!!