I'm supposed to answer the questions and then tag five people, who, if you know me, I won't do. If you want to play then do. I'm supposed to let the person who tagged me know when I've posted my answers, which I will do. Thanks Mumm, for giving me an easy post today.
Ten years ago:
- I had a nine year old child who I thought was the cutest thing alive--and she was.
- The next youngest was eighteen--oh my, he was interesting. He's perfectly wonderful now but at eighteen he was interesting.
- My other girl was twenty-three and married, a beautiful woman--one of the best things that ever happened to me was this wonderful girl.
- My second boy was twenty-six, married with two darling boys. This son is just as funny then as now and is as incredibly in love with his wife then as now.
- My oldest boy was just thirty, he had his hearts desire--his wife, and all was well. They had a beautiful girl and a handsome boy and he was the keeper of all things computerish in my life. I bless him for his patience with me. I remember him sighing and then saying, "Mom, I've told you how to do that about five times." Now I say those things to Phil.
Five things on today’s “to do” list:
- Make bread--still haven't done it and it's 6:30--I think its going on tomorrow's to do list.
- Fix dinner--Phil wants something good--it's 6:30 and I have no idea what to fix him--leftovers, I think.
- Laundry--washed and folded, not put away yet.
- Write--spent 5 hours on a chapter, then read the first chapter and made corrections.
- Read first chapter of SELF-EDITING FOR FICTION WRITERS: HOW TO EDIT YOURSELF INTO PRINT. I did this and then I went back and wrote out some of my mistakes in the chapter that I spent five hours on. I recommend this book.
- Popcorn with browned butter
- Dark chocolate
- Chili cheese chips--but I don't eat many of those
- Green apples--green, as in "not ripe," with salt
- Raw rhubarb with salt
Five Things I would do if I was a millionaire:
- First and foremost pay my tithing and taxes.
- Remodel this house.
- Set up a vacation fund for each of the kids.
- Set up a mission fund for the grandkids and a education fund too.
- Go to Europe
Five Places I have lived:
- Annabella, Utah--I like Annabella more and more as I write this book but when I grew up there, I knew there was a whole world out there that I didn't know anything about and I was very jealous of people who did.
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Greensboro, North Carolina
- Two different ares in California. One, an hour south of San Francisco and the other an hour north of San Francisco.
- Provo, Utah, my favorite place on the earth
Later note: Tonight for dinner one of the things I made was some zucchini and it was delicious. I chopped a medium sized zucchini and put in a frying pan with a bit of butter, half a chopped onion, one minced clove garlic, half a pkg. of Knorr dry Vegetable soup mix and some water. Simmered it about five minutes. It was delicious. Phil did get a decent dinner tonight, after all.