Tuesday, November 4, 2008

NO ELECTION TALK HERE

I will be the one lone blog not saying anything about the election. Except to say that we must work together. We must do what we can to make this country great and be the good people we are destined to be.

Now, a bit of drivel, if I could just think of something to say....

Well...I did go to card class tonight where the emphasis is on friendship, not cards--but the cards were darling too.
It is like therapy to be able to go to Gaye's, to sit and be surrounded by talk flowing around you, no one dominating the conversation, everyone loving everyone else. Earlier today my personal history group met. Everyone read different stories, we've all had different experiences, lived different lives, are different ages and yet are the same. There is deep, real friendship among us.

Tonight a friend called and we must have talked for an hour and a half, about nothing and everything.

This is the kind of thing that women need. Besides shelter and love and maybe a baby or two--or five, they need friendship. Men, not so much. That didn't read right. Women need men, at least I do, one man--Phil, that is, but men don't seem to need friendship so much. Not like women do.

And shopping. A man's idea of shopping is have a need and figure out what store carries the item that is needed. He might call first and see which store has the cheaper price. Then he goes there and buys it. Mission accomplished.

Women's idea of shopping is to go to a store or to a bunch of stores and see what's there. At any store at any time. They don't necessarily need anything, it's the "looking" that accomplishes their mission. I can't count the number of times I've been leaving to go shopping and Phil has said, "What do you need?"

"Nothing," I say.

"Then why are you going?"

"To shop."

"But you just said you don't need anything," he says

"I don't. And I probably won't buy anything, either."

"I don't get it. You don't need anything, probably won't buy anything and yet you have to go shopping."

"Right," I say, giving him a kiss. "You finally got it." And away I go.

So, nothing in this post is important, not like the fate of the nation. Or even the fate of the economy, which wouldn't be so good if women stayed home and didn't shop when they didn't need anything.

2 comments:

Cindy Price said...

I am ready to go shopping!! Shopping and chocolate...don't they fix all ills or, just about anyway??

Anonymous said...

another wonderful post, cool cards