Sunday, November 9, 2008

TRIALS AND TROUBLES

This afternoon a family member was hospitalized. She's home now, very shaky and frightened. We all are frightened. We love her and her family and hope all will be well.

Today, all over the world people found out their lives aren't going to be like they thought. All the hopes have been put on hold. The ripple effect reaches people who don't even know them. Soon, in one way or another, we are all affected. Today it was my family in distress. Tomorrow it may be yours or your neighbor's or someone you will never meet but we are all connected. What affects one affects all.

~If I weren't so tired I'd look up effect and affect and see how to use them properly.~

Phil and I fed the kids and then played games with them. When they were getting ready for bed the five year old "lost it." She bawled while brushing her teeth and could hardly talk for foam and spit. "I miss my Mom," she said, over and over. One life, so important, so precious, so needed and so loved.

The very important "Mom" is home tonight, shaken and tired. Tomorrow, and in the days to come, the doctors will try to track down the problem. I hope it is a quick fix.

And whatever is troubling you out there, or around the corner, or next door, you who I probably don't even know, but whose life circumstances ripples and eventually touches mine, I hope you find answers and help and peace. And if the answers are not what you thought they might be I hope you will know that people, who have never met you, care.

I hope that doesn't sound insincere or flippant. I am picturing people all over the world who are saddened tonight. People in circumstances I cannot imagine. Some are in poverty and some in wealth. Some have people to help them and some are alone. And I am thinking of one woman that I love and of her husband and her children and all the people who are touched by the ripples of her life and hoping that everything will be okay. As I hope for you. That your life, though difficult and unplanned for, will be okay. That is my sincere wish.

9 comments:

Muum said...

And the hospitals are full of people in these distressed, difficult circumstances! I hope and pray all will go well for your family member! I have a daughter (my Sassy one, she is on line with a blog, too)with constant , chronic migraines. It is so difficult to see her go thru this trial. thanks for another great post.

Bonnie said...

I am sorry to hear that you have someone in your family who is ill. It is particularly scary when the doctors don't know what is causing it. Let all of us, who read your blog, know how she is doing.

I won't be able to go online for a few days since i am having surgery on my right hand tomorrow. I have carpal tunnel and trigger finger on the hand that I use the most. Since I am not sure how incapacitated I will be, I will be staying with a neighbor for a few days, until I think i can handle things on my own--probably until they take the surgery bandages off on Friday. I sure hope I can use at least one finger and my thumb by Friday.

I wanted my daughter or my sister to come and stay with me so I could stay home, but neither one of them could do it. I have been trying to do things with just my left hand and there are many things that will be difficult or next to impossible. Have you ever tried washing just one hand so the soap gets on all parts of it?

tearese said...

I hope she will be okay....
you did use affect/effect correctly.

Colette Amelia said...

lovely post and one that needs to be said everyday or at least remembered so that we have compassion and care for each other no matter who they are or where they live.

It was so good that those kids had the love and care of grandma and grandpa in their time of hurt and need.

Anonymous said...

I'm itchy

Laura ~Peach~ said...

so very true!

Shawn said...

Great post, my dear...

There is always someone that is in more dire circumstances than we are---I try to think of that often and count my blessings.

Cindy Price said...

Life can change in the blink of eye! Challenges abound. However, the human spirit can be amazingly resilient, especially when we seek to reach out and help each other.

I hope and pray that everything is okay with your family.

Anonymous said...

I hope your family member recovers quickly