Wednesday, June 18, 2008

DAY THREE--WRITERS AND ILLUSTRATORS FOR YOUNG READERS AT BYU

Today was a short day, thank goodness. I may get to bed before midnight or shortly after. I just finished two assignments and re-wrote a story called, "The Pooka," for tomorrow or Friday's reading. I hope it is tomorrow because if it is Friday I will edit it one more time and have to copy it all over again.

I am only going to put a couple of non-writing related things people said today that are interesting.

The most irresponsible or craziest person has all the power in a relationship. For instance: The person who is always late. When you realize that, you can take the power back.

Teenagers: They have to pull away from parents to become adults so they have to come up with reasons why they hate their parents. You might hear them say, "I never want to be like that. I never want to look like that." They may live in the same town but the parents never hear from them. They are completing the process of separation.

An amazing description from Sally Warner's new book, IT'S ONLY TEMPORARY: "...puzzle pieces of snow."

That's it for tonight.

1 comment:

Colette Amelia said...

Wow! this is indeed powerful and soothing wisdom.

thanks!