Friday, September 26, 2008

THE LENGTHS SOME MEN WILL GO TO TO CLEAN THE GARAGE


First he opens the garage and plies family with treasures.This is one of the SEVENTEEN trunks Phil bought one day because "they were a good deal." My Mother, the Bargain-Shopper-of-the-World was so proud! Now, eons later the is one of the last trunks to go live somewhere else.
In order to make his "stuff" more interesting he pulls out the vacuum...

...and vacuums the driveway. That's my husband, Mr. Domestic.

And the garage? It is one carload more empty! Maybe with a few more carloads the car can actually live there this winter. Now wouldn't that be a miracle?

Notice to family members--come one, come all, help clean the beastly garage. It's your duty. Unless, that is, your garage is full too.

7 comments:

Colette Amelia said...

why is it that any space not taken up with valuables soon is taken up with valuables?

I laughed this is so like every house...does that mean we have too much stuff? And who can pass up such a good deal? I have even taken to taking good stuff out of the dumpster!!!

Shawn said...

I NEED to have a huge garage sale!!! I am sooooo bad about organizing the huge mess in our garage. My hubby is a pack rat and picks up things from garage sales and used to bring home things from the dump...sigh. Along with all the other stuff that we can't fit into our house now that we are renting,---its a mess.

Thanks for reminding me... :)

Scary Mommy said...

That is too funny!! The garage is on my list, too, but always seemed o be pushed to the back for another project. Someday!!

Cindy Price said...

Phil's trunks and your chairs!! What a lovely match!!

Unknown said...

how cute Phil is with the vaccuum. Perhaps he can give Jason a lesson when we next visit.

:)

Tierney

Anonymous said...

Hey, I wanted that rug. ;) You can't empty the garage, where would all the interesting stuff go and live? All the stuff Dad won't let his snoopy grandchildren look at would be lonely without you. yfc

Anonymous said...

I hear you. I SO want my car in the garage by winter...