Wednesday, August 13, 2008

IT'S HAPPENED AGAIN

Do you ever know that you should do something but you just can't do it because it's overwhelming? Like clean out your email inbox? I am a notorious non-cleaner-outer of my email. Right now there are 13,737 emails in my inbox. 2, 919 of them are unread. Earlier today there were about 20,000 in my inbox before my email program cleaned its self out. Everything from December 2nd, 2007 to today. I tried to see if there were any I missed reading in the last few hours but Comcast--bless their little hearts--does not recognize me. Or my mother's maiden name or my maiden name or the cost of rice in China or nothin'. Comcast does not think I exhist. Therefore I am not.


I think Comcast is in cahoots with the freezer. The freezer decided it was time to be defrosted ALL BY ITSELF, exactly one week ago. I wonder what's next.


Can we say procrastination? Obviously one of us can't. Or, wait. Maybe one of us can.


I used to clean out my inbox but then I saved a bunch of important emails and now I wonder why they were important. Here are some of the subjects of emails I've saved:

"The papers are coming, the papers are coming - retreat~~~" I opened this one up and I still don't know why I should retreat or what papers. But, it must be important because I saved it.


"Fat Burning Tips"

"Hello Liney ;-)" I emailed this person and it bounced and I have no way of contacting her. I'm sad. She was an email friend from long ago.


"The University of Poland science students digital clock ." This one had a link, Go here. It's pretty neat, actually.


"This week's report." This was from a friend who has since died, unexpectedly, just a few months after she retired. I am sad thinking of her.


"Help" I did. I don't know why I still have that email. Maybe I wanted to be reminded that I helped, who knows?


"Spam Alert: RE: Spam Alert: FW: Wed. Lecture!!!!" This has too many exclamation points for me to take it seriously. I mean, seriously. Three? I'm not saving an email with three exclamation points.


"Lips recipe." It's a raw recipe for stuffed mini peppers that she calls "luscious lips."

"Three keys to personal power." I opened this one. "Your Emotions Are Contagious--Key one: The first power you can develop is enthusiasm. The Key To Charisma--The second personality power that you can develop is expertise, or competence. Prepare Thoroughly For Every Event--The third power of personality that gives you charisma in the eyes of others is thorough preparation, detailed preparation, prior to undertaking any significant task." And on and on....


"Salsa Lessons." I'm to tired to Salsa.


"Marriage Builders." This one came from my friend who should have been a researcher. EVERYTHING fascinates her. This web site it actually pretty good. It's for helping marriages.


"Getting more control of Tip # 4"--This one intrigued me so I opened it and guess what? Tip number four was..."STOP PROCRASTINATING." and then it gave a quote: "The greatest amount of wasted time is the time not getting started." -- Dawson Trotman


With that I will close this post and hope not to read any more reminders from the past. Good grief. How many hints do I need, I wonder?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Queen Lynne. You are so important that the world does things for you. Defrost the freezer. Toss away email.

The word verification for this comment is bwaha. It is like the world is having a chuckle at your post.

Anonymous said...

Hello Lynne!

I read your blog. My name is Melissa and I work at Comcast Corporate Headquarters. I'm not sure what you meant by Comcast "does not recognize me." I see you. How can I help? If you need assistance with anything Comcast, please feel free to email my team at We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com.

Kind Regards,
Melissa M.
Comcast Customer Connect
National Customer Operations

PS - I promise you, we have not struck a deal with your freezer. :)

Shawn said...

Holy crap! Was that really someone from Comcast? Girl, you ARE a celebrity!!

As for my e-mail, I just keep changing it, so I never get too much in my inbox...

I'm weird about reading everything---I can't stand having anything in there that I don't know about.

Diane Fay (littlealma) said...

Yeah - someone who has more unread emails than me!!! I have 2,307 unread ones! I also am a procrastinator, and who wants to throw something out that might be of use later?! I figure at least emails don't take up much room!

Love your humor!

Hugs from Michigan - Diane