Saturday, August 2, 2008

MORE HOT ROMANCE TO REPORT AND BAD NEWS, WELCOMED

Another Instance of Hot Romance at Our House.

Yesterday, Phil was at the computer. I came up behind him, put my arm around his chest, laid my head on his shoulder and gave him a hug.

"Uh oh," he said, "What have you done? Have you broken something?"

"I'm just loving you," I said.

"Have you touched something mechanical?" he said. (Mechanical things dislike me. They stop working, break or short circuit. Every car of ours that has even had a breakdown was when I was driving. Alone.)

"The nerve," I said. "Can't you just accept a simple show of affection."

"Well, it's so rare, I was worried."

And so it goes. Hot romance.


Bad News--Welcomed

This morning, when I came down the stairs, Phil met me at the bottom of the steps with a tragic look on his face.

"I'm so sorry," he said.

In that instant I thought of each child. Each grandchild. Maybe something terrible had happened to one of them. Then I thought, Well, he's leaving me. He doesn't get enough romance and he's had it. Then I thought, he's ruined something of mine. The computer would be my best guess. He knows I adore it. I might even say it's a romantic relationship, not a hot one, but still.

I finally spoke in a croaky whisper. "What's wrong?"

"Pika hawked up a fur ball in your shoe."

I have never been so happy to have unpleasant news in my life. I may even have hugged him. "Thank you, Phil," I said. "Oh, thank you."

He now thinks I'm certifiably nuts and doesn't want hot romance with the likes of me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going tosay something about hot romance but this is a family show.

Anonymous said...

LOL! My dh often says "what did you do" when I give him an unexpected hug. Which I do often, so they aren't so unexpected afterall, now are they?

Karen Deborah said...

that is funny. hheee heee ha ha ho ho, a fur ball in yur shoe; so was it an old pair you didn't care about? Or was it the kind of shoe that makes your hubby think you've got sexy legs? Why was he sorry about your shoe, I mean really the guy should get a medal. Mr. Sensitive. My husband would not even notice that, he would think it was a wadded up sock. No He would not think about it for even 2 seconds.

The Peterson Family said...

Auntie,
You totally crack me up!
I hope Cameron and I still have hot romance like you two.

Love you,
Lisa

Colette Amelia said...

Man you are a hotty indeed!