Wednesday, March 26, 2008

WHAT HO!

I cannot think of anything to write. It's one of those days, one of those weeks when I just feel "off" and don't want to have to figure out why. I just want it fixed. A sissy way out, I know, but I'd settle for having it fixed without knowing the why's, the what-could-I-have-done-differently or what-do-I-need-to-change. Just fix it please and let me go on my way. Do you ever feel like that?

So, I surfed a few of my favorite blogs and on Afterburn he said "For some years, I have ruminated over the right thing to say when passing someone on a dog-walk." Then he discussed all the disadvantages from "Hello" or "Hi" to "Good afternoon." He said someone passed him today and said, "What ho!" He felt it was perfect.

So I am saying to you, "What ho!" Take it for what you want.

3 comments:

tearese said...

hmm, I'll have to try that one. Sounds more sophisticated than the juvenile, "Whats up", or "hey".

Colette Amelia said...

today while walking to the store a man passed me and with a warm smile said "salutations!" it made me smile and think of you.

Salutations!

Anonymous said...

Well that's an interesting greeting! Depending on who said that is how I would react to it. But interesting at that.