Tuesday, August 25, 2009

ALL IN FAVOR OF "SPOILING DINNER" RAISE YOUR HANDS

One of my sisters had eight kids. I know. Insane. But she was a saint and could handle eight. One day they were at Mom's and were hungry. They were wolfing down soda crackers. (That's what we called "saltines" in the dark ages.) Anyway, Mom (their Grandma) said, "Don't eat those crackers, it will spoil your dinner!"

My sister looked at the eight kids and said, "Go ahead. Eat the crackers. We should be so lucky they would spoil your dinner."

Now, my question is: Is there a magic food product--like soda crackers...okay, saltines--that would spoil people's dinner? And if so, why isn't the diet industry marketing it? And why don't I have some of it in my kitchen/purse/desk drawer? And do you think it would be a chocolate repelant?

If anyone knows of such a product, then why haven't you told me about it already?!

6 comments:

Lorraine said...

LOL that is BRILLIAMT! the greatest and easiest weight loss ever, eat some crackers before your meal: WEIGHT LOSS, you are brilliant LOL I love this so much I may just try it and of course you get all the credit and I'll report back to you lol

Me said...

Heck, if that worked for teenage boys I think all we moms would take full advantage. I haven't met one whose appetite has been ruined enough to save me a dime.

Unknown said...

A pint of Ben and Jerry's will at least take the edge off of your appetite.

Colette Amelia said...

parsnips, eggplant, white chocolate

Annette said...

Chocolate just enhances the flavor of dinner, not spoil it. I've yet to find anything that spoils it. Too bad1

Jessica said...

I'm with that Marsha lady, only mine aren't even teens yet. But, boy! Can they eat!