Thursday, August 20, 2009

LIFE IS LIKE A GRINDSTONE...

This quote: "Life is like a grindstone. Whether it grinds you down or polishes you up, that's up to you," came from Gary Ceran's dad.

We know Gary. He taught Her Excellency of Mousehole in a private school a few years ago.

On Christmas Eve, 2006, a drunken driver hit their car and his wife and two of his children were killed.

He forgave. He's a survivor. He's being polished.

He doesn't have a great career. He doesn't vacation in Paradise but he's happy. In fact he was one of the happiest people I've ever met. He loved the kids he taught--loved my child and her cohorts. Really loved them.

He is one of my hero's.

Read his story here.

4 comments:

Me said...

I can't imagine going through what this man has. He should be a hero.

Karen Deborah said...

wow he is a hero

Annette said...

Aren't people like him amazing!

Bonnie said...

This guy is unbelievable. I don't know how he can rebound with such a positive attitude. I read the entire story from your link. Thanks for the great post.