Friday, February 13, 2009

THE CLOWN CAR IS ONLY AS SMART AS IT'S DRIVER

The Clown Car is supposed to be "locked-out-proof." When either the passenger or drivers door is locked, and then closed, all the doors are supposed to unlock. Not so yesterday. All the doors did NOT unlock. In fact, when the door slammed all the doors locked WITH MY PURSE, KEYS AND CELL PHONE INSIDE.

Phil was very nice to leave his meeting, drive home, get the spare key, and drive to Springville and save me. He did not even once say the word, "stupid," or "What were you thinking," and didn't even sigh.

The Clown Car, on the other hand refused to lock again without my jumping through hoops. And I heard that muffled laughter again, I'm sure of it.

PS The Reams grocery store in Springville has some interesting stuff. You can really see a lot in 45 minutes. For instance, they have a whole "Preparedness" section with nifty things like tiny portable stoves, a toilet kit you made out of a bucket--I'm not kidding--MRE's, only not the Army issued ones--"Add 2 cups hot water, close pack, wait 7 to 8 minutes and eat right out of the pack. Serves two." Yes, I was there so long I read even the back of packages. I opened the stove package and set it up. The toilet I left alone.

If you are ever bored go to the Springville Reams and get prepared for times of emergency. And if you drive a Clown Car you may need all those supplies. Of course everything will be locked inside and you will be standing outside, probably in a blizzard. But still.

8 comments:

Colette Amelia said...

that car is one that you have to keep forever...where else would we get our dose of laughter for the day?

Grandma Tii said...

ah.....Friday the 13th!

Unknown said...

Phil is such a sweetie. What a kind darling. I love it when I lock myself out and Jason is nice. I mean, they have to help us, but to be nice about it is just the most wonderful.

I laughed hard about the emergency essentials in Reams. Sure, they're probably saying, laugh at our bucket toilet until you need one! That is something I want to get for us. An emergency kit. We have jugs of water lined up in the kitchen, and Jason laughs at me. We'll just see who's laughing when Azzy and I are glugging water after the water supply is cut off in an earthquake! (Just kidding. We bought enough to share with Mr. Doubtfire.)

Love,

Tierney

Bonnie said...

You are so lucky to have Phil be so nice. Do you both have some exciting Valentine's Day plans? Be sure to go in the clown car--that will liven up your Valentine evening. The clown car is there to sharpen your wits or wit, whatever the case may be.

Hillary said...

How about you just leave the doors unlocked? Perhaps some kind thief would steal it and your life would be much more calm. And boring. How fun.

TeamGornold said...

I love your tractor pics! you and your clown car sagas are wonderful. b has yet to tell me if you should mail phish tickets or not, i have been trying to get him to call you for a while, but he has been so busy he forgets. hope you are good! love and miss you much!

Cindy Price said...

My life is boring!! How come you get to have all the fun???

Shawn said...

Can you take me to that Reams when I come? I need me some emergency stuff, K?

What a great hubby you have and what a crazy car...