Sunday, February 8, 2009

JOE COOL RECEIVES THE AARONIC PRIESTHOOD

This is Guitar Hero, the Bishop and Joe Cool.
The home teacher, Jo Cool's Dad--my son--who insists on being called The Brown Dot, Joe Cool, the Bishop, the Young Men president, Phil and the 2nd counselor.
The Brown Dot, Joe Cool and Phil who is Joe Cool's Grandpa.
Phil--who has the disease called "I'm-getting-my-picture-taken-so-I-will-all-of-a-sudden-look-goofy." (I have the same disease. And I also have the I-look-fat-disease for some unknown reason. Cough, cough.) Joe Cool, who does not have the disease, is smiling into the camera.
Joe Cool is the newest member of the Aaronic Priesthood, which he received today. He can now pass the sacrament to the congregation in Sacrament Meeting--a service that I think is so important and what the gospel is all about. The Savior atoned for everyone's sins and we have the opportunity to repent and be forgiven and the sacrament is a part of that process.
It was a great day for us. And look at this young man. I am so proud of him. He is a good boy and a nice one too.

Congratulations to a fine young man.

3 comments:

Pam's Place said...

Joe Cool is a handsome young man, taking after his father and grandfather, no doubt.

I'm so proud of these young men who live so they are worthy to hold this important office at so young an age. Another of the many blessings of the Gospel.

Thank you for sharing this special occasion.

tierneyzan said...

What a very handsome grandson. I love your new header picture!

Hillary said...

I'm sore. What a cute Joe Cool.