Tuesday, May 6, 2008

DREADLOCKS, Part two



Her Excellency of Mousehole has/is everything I wish I had/were. She is five foot two, petite, beautiful and writes like someone who was born with a pencil and a notebook in her little infant hand. She is funny, smarter than anyone deserves to be and has the most gorgeous dark brown hair—wavy dark brown hair that tumbles down her back like warm chocolate.

What does my sweet girl do? She dreadlocks her hair. She makes her lovely hair—hair that I would walk through cacti for—into nappy, ratty dreadlocks.


What is it with my son, Lord Bumhampton and my daughter, Her Excellency?

Her Excellency's boyfriend, Boarder, had dreadlocks too. On Saturday they cut them off. His hair is short and looks great, he looks like a movie star. She looks like a movie star too.

A movie star with a Mohawk.




Go away, Mother. I do not want my picture taken.


Oh, all right, here you go.

Hee hee, your readers, all five of them, will be shocked to see that, huh?


Can we go now? Oh, and by the way, I love you. (I'm sure she meant to say that. I'm really sure.)

I love you, too.

11 comments:

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

From Bye Bye, Birdie "what's the matter with Kids these days"? Can you hear the music in your head?

Tag!! You're it!

http://momgoesberserk.blogspot.com/2008/05/tagged-by-lisa.html

abb said...

LOVED this! Makes me feel good that there are others going through "hair" things. My youngest daughter who has the most beautiful blond hair you want to see went through a 6-month phase when she would streak that gorgeous hair with, oh magenta one week, green the next....I'm sure you get the picture!

cheyennejack said...

That mohawk is very well maintained and fun looking. Its amazing how many different styles of mohawks there are out there, from this one to crazy 2ft tall ones, and all sorts of colors. There are lots to look at over at www.mohawksrock.com

You should add these pictures there as sensible mohawk pictures for girls that want to do a little something crazy with their hair, but not go totally bezerk to drive mom crazy. :)

Unknown said...

The hair is certainly a mild form of rebellion and rebellion is very important. It is part of growing.
She is gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures of another Yogurt Flavored Child.

Kathy said...

I love that it is still brown hair!

Anonymous said...

Alz Now I am mad that you didn't wait for me to cut those darn things off. Your hair is awsome. Yes mother, It is AWSOME! And Now at least we can see her cute face that loves us even though she says
"I love you" all lame and smarthy.
I'm home by the way. yfc

The Peterson Family said...

Her hair rocks! How would it be to have a hair cut like that and be able to pull it off. I don't think many can do it this well. I wish I had the guts to cut my hair that short.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

she looks like the singer pink

jyotsana said...

hi the whole post was too good esp all the comments u put down the photo...your daughter is lucky to have a mom like u with such a good sense of humor.happy mother's day.

Astromom said...

You are right, I don't think most could get away with that hair, but she actually can and still look cute.