Friday, May 2, 2008

SO...I HAD THIS $10.00 OFF COUPON...

So, I had a $10.00 off coupon for Kohl's and I just had to use it before it expired, I mean, it's like a ten dollar bill, right?

Trouble is, the nearest Kohl's is 15 miles away. Our delightful car gets at best 13-15 miles per gallon. It took us two gallons to get there. Today we paid $3.40 a gallon for gas so it took $6.80 to get here, which makes my coupon worth $3.20. But, that's still three dollars and change and this is what I got.



I paid $7.00 total for the two tops, add the money our car ate in gas and it's not quite as good a bargain.

But we went to see Charlie Boy while we were out--review of his new walk-up Pit Barbecue tomorrow--and he was so delighted to see us he gave us a free lunch. What a guy.

So, bargain shopping, a free delicious lunch and a nice drive. What more can you ask for a May day? Besides warmth, that is. Today's high was 56 degrees but with the gale of wind out there in the wilds of Lehi and American Fork it was minus 12 degrees. So help me, it was.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you get a delightful lunch and free lunch, the day was good.

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

A free lunch is ALWAYS a good thing!