Friday, May 16, 2008

TODAY'S LIST--THREE REASONS TO BE HAPPY

Today's list of three reasons to be happy:.

1. We didn't have an earthquake here today.

2. My darling daughter's surgery on her foot turned out to be more minor than it might have been and when she called to tell us about it--a little drugged out--we were so relieved.

I remember once a woman's baby was having surgery. It was for a plugged tear gland.

"Oh, well that's nothing. Don't worry about it," We said,

And she said, "It's only nothing if it's not your baby."

And she was right. Gilmore Girl's surgery on her foot/toe was a big deal to us. We worried, we prayed and we were so thankful when it was over and she was okay.

3. Phil found a clam shell--you know, those plastic berry boxes--of blueberries in the back of the fridge. It has been there for a l-o-n-g time. You know how expensive blueberries are. I was sad, I had let them go to waste. But you know what? They weren't moldy. They were dehydrated. Just the right amount. I ate every last one. Deeelicious. Too bad they were so delicious. I could have taken a picture and posted it so you would have something to look at instead of just words.

What are your three reasons to be happy today?

3 comments:

Laura ~Peach~ said...

1. I woke up and have another chance to serve God
2. everyone in my house woke up with that same chance :D
3. It is absolutely beautiful outside, the sun is out, the breeze is blowing the birds are singing, the grass is growing and so is my beautiful garden...
and I could go on for HOURS!
cool post!
hugs

Unknown said...

I remember when my son was about 15 and had to have a mole removed from his face. I went in and held his hand while it happened. That little minor surgery was traumatic for me. I thought I would pass out.

Alisa said...

I agree with this statement

"And she said, "It's only nothing if it's not your baby."

I am feeling this way right now!

Glad things went well with her foot-
wish I was close to take her a cute little something.