Wednesday, January 7, 2009

BIG SNOW-LITTLE SNOW. LITTLE SNOW--BIG SNOW

Even though it didn't snow today I thought I would tell you about the wise Indian saying, "Big snow-little snow. Little snow-big snow."

It did snow yesterday and the day before. It was a "little snow-big snow." It just sifted down, snowflakes so tiny you had to look twice to see if it was snowing. It didn't stop for two days. Phil had to shovel and snow blow several times a day.

I've lost my husband.
The hummingbird feeder is piled high. You can barely see it in the back yard.
The best place to be is in front of the fire. Like Minkey, who is hiding behind the chair.

All of us would like to hide behind the chair, sometimes, wouldn't we? But that's another subject for another day.

I hope you are warm, wherever you are, unless you are in the southern hemisphere and then I hope you are cool.

10 comments:

Annette said...

Lynn, I laugh every time I read your blog. You need to compile it into a book! Love to you

Anonymous said...

Beautiful images of snow and indoor warmth, Lynne.

Colette Amelia said...

Good to see those photos with those 2 new cameras!

Well as it seems to happen snow snow snow shovel shovel shovel...rain rain rain!

Then you know what is coming next...

Ice Ice Ice.

Stay warm and don't slip!

Unknown said...

Why did poor Phil have to snow blow. You didn't offer to take his place?

Anonymous said...

Feel sorry for Phil battling the deep snow, great series of shots and as always fun to read

tierneyzan said...

I want to see Phil blowing snow in an Indian headdress. Your home looks so cozy. I wish I could be there in front of the fire with you. I would even go behind the chair if there were a very large cushion.

Love,

Tierney

Hillary said...

Dad is so cute in his outer wear.

But you know my favorite picture is the snow topped strawberry bird feeder. That is right up my alley.

Shawn said...

Oh, do I WISH that we had a snowblower---maybe for my birthday in June? heh, heh...

Sorry I haven't been reading lately---been too crazy!

Astromom said...

So much snow, I don't remember seeing this much snow for a long time.

Bonnie said...

I love all of the snow pictures--especially of the one of Phil blowing the snow. That was Randy's job and now it seems that no one wants to do it. When I was recovering from hand surgery, I couldn't find anyone to do it for me--even if I offered to pay them. Our snowblower is so big and heavy that I can hardly turn it around.