Wednesday, January 28, 2009

THE KITCHEN WINDOW

The kitchen window ......with a tiny pot crafted by our son. It's holding a wishbone. I'm saving it for or our grandson who wants to have a wish.
Topiary, crafted by me. The ivy helped by growing and growing, even when it doesn't get watered promptly.
Moon hanging. Recipes, a friend gave me this holder--she made it. I added a magnet of time--but it only has one hand so time is never up.
Another friend said, "You'll love this. A pot with a smile."

Another gave this holder...

...I added a picture of Jesus.
A long time ago, too long to remember, another friend, gave me this heart candle. I tossed in some rose buds from a store that is now gone.
In this window are flowers.
A Cyclamen, with a bud that's... ...that's half hidden.
The geranium is blooming... ...and not yet. It looks like it's snowing but the window needs washing. Phil will get the ladder and soap. He's like that, doing everything I need.
I love to cook in this kitchen and he loves to eat. It's a good trade off.

I didn't realize so many friends, and one son, contributed to my window. I actually think of them often, when I'm reading a recipe, saving a wish, I think of them all, with the lovely/funny things they gave me. How I love each item in the "still life" of my window, and I love each of my friends, and my son, and my hungry husband who makes sure there are flowers in my window.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

What a delightful blog. You are such an excellent photographer. The pictures of the flowers are beautiful. I love the pot with a smile. I have been craving that fudge, and now I have the means to duplicate it, although I don't think I will (down 7.3!). I hope you will include more nooks and crannies of your house and tell us about them. I have been considering something similar-ish on my blog, but I will save it as a surprise.

xo,

Tierney

Annette said...

What beautiful pictures of the everyday things you love. They lifted my spirits with appreciation of the small and simple things.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

The fudge recipe is on my cookbook blog, Tierney, but DO NOT make any. Today your 7.3 will be 7.8 and tomorrow 8! I'm so proud of you. You are my diet guru!

Pam's Place said...

I love the flowers in your window -- gives me hope for spring not being too far off.

Anonymous said...

such a great series of shots, so much interesting things in the window display

Bonnie said...

I loved this post. Everything you have in your window has a story which represents someone or something you love.

Shawn said...

It reminds me of my kitchen window---isn't that weird? I have a menagerie of things that I like to look at and remind me of the things that make me happy.

Loved it!

Camille said...

I love your window. Truly beautiful. I love the recipe holder and the darling heart candle holder. They're great!