Friday, January 16, 2009

A NEW DAY, NEW RESOLVES AND A MESSAGE FROM THE UNIVERSE

I was just talking to Gilmore Girl on the phone and told her, "Today is the day. I cannot procrastinate my life any longer. I am going to do what it takes to get healthy. Mind and body."

She said, "Is that because you can never die because I won't be able to speak at your funeral?"

"You won't be able to talk because you'll be in a 'rest home.'"

She laughed and said, "You'll be there too, next to me, right?"

"We will be so old we'll just bang messages to each other with Morse Code on the floor with our canes."

So here's to long life--HEALTHILY--and good laughs and resolve for all of us to change for the better: Actions. Thoughts. Attitude. And whatever else it takes to be the best we can be, to be happy and hopefully bring joy and comfort to others.

Today's message from "Tut"

What you want, Lynne, has no bearing on whether or not you'll get it. None. Nada. Zippo.

It's only ever a question of whether or not you can behave as if you already have it.

I got you, babe -
The Universe

4 comments:

Colette Amelia said...

OHHHH that TUT! He says all those special words that I thought were made especially just for me to you too! Well that settles it we are peas in a pod. Sisters in stress. Whackies of the World.

unkeeled through the universe.

Shawn said...

I go through procrastinating things to doing really well on eating and exercising----I have so many things on my plate, that those things are the first to go!

But...I never stop trying---good luck, my dear.

Shawn said...

I just realized what I said--- "eating" and I "have so many things on my plate" Heh, heh...what a weirdo I am!...

tearese said...

So, I was going to make your cheesecake tonight...imagine my annoyance when I realized I'd forgotten to buy a crust!!! Hmm, maybe I'll mash up the kids crackers.
I'm still upset that I accidentally got strawberry instead of cherry pie filling. Curses!